Tablescape Design and Styling E-Course Coming Soon!
I have a very exciting announcement! My new Tablescape Design and Styling E-Course is here!
Setting the table is one of my favorite parts of putting on an event. I love bringing all of the essential functional and decorative details together in a creative and thoughtful way to make each guest feel special and well cared for.
In the past 20 years in the hospitality industry, specifically almost a decade as an event planner/designer, it’s safe to say that I’ve set quite a few dinner tables! I’m so excited to share the knowledge I’ve acquired over the years not only with my wedding and event clients, but now with all of you!
Why I started this Course
As event professionals, whether event planners and designers, catering teams or venue managers, we hope to set the most fantastic tables possible for our clients, but sometimes budgetary constraints prevent us from going as BIG as we’d like to with fancy upgrades.
So how can we take our tablescapes from “meh” to “spectacular” without spending a bazillion of our clients’ dollars?
How can we think outside of the boring but budget-friendly box of white rim china, standard silver, libby glasses and poly-cotton linens and share work that’s a bit more creative and memorable?
After putting so much hard work into designing a tablescape, how can we visually capture and preserve our tablescapes to get noticed both on social media and with editors at wedding and event publications?
Guess what, I have the answers! I recently presented this very topic at the Potluck Hospitality Conference (check out my recap of the event HERE) to a very well-received audience and I’m so excited to developed my program into an online e-course called Creative and Resourceful Tablescape Design and Styling: creating beautiful, content rich tablescapes at any budget!
What the course covers
In this course, we’ll be covering tons of details, like these:
- Learn the etiquette of properly setting the dinner table and including the necessary elements for a successful and comfortable service for guests
- I’ll be giving you my own prioritized rental upgrade list I use to strategize when and how to bring upgraded rental pieces into the mix
- I’m breaking down the prices for rental upgrades in each category of the place setting (china, flatware, glassware, linens, furniture)
- I’m visually walking you through the process of upgrading a dinner table in a few easy steps
- I’ll be sharing resource lists for rental and decor options from coast to coast
- You’ll learn the basic aspects of tablescape styling including accessorizing, attending to every detail to complete your look and becoming your own editor
- We’ll run through the technical details involved in creating the best photos for your tablescapes, including lighting, composition and movement
- We’ll go over the Dos and Don’ts of tablescape design — what to NEVER include in a dinner table photo!
- I’m including tons of examples of my own events and talking you through the upgrades we made and the styling details we employed to make our clients’ tables memorable, spectacular and publish-worthy!
- I am sharing content and quality tips and tricks you can employ to get your work noticed by editors and published. I know because my work has been featured in the top wedding and lifestyle publications including: Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, The Knot, C Weddings, Refinery 29, My Domaine, Glamour, Style Me Pretty, Green Wedding Shoes, 100 Layer Cake and many more!
Who will Benefit from this course
This course is jam-packed with valuable info and will be a benefit to so many groups of people!
- Up and coming event planners and designers: you will learn the ropes of table setting etiquette and design, learn how to properly price for rental upgrades and gain an edge in building your tablescape portfolios to communicate your attention to detail and creativity and stand a better chance of getting noticed by editors when you pitch your events for publication
- Established planners/designers: you will get a creative refresh and an arsenal of new tips and resources to bring to your own clients’ table setting strategy meetings
Catering teams: we know you pull lots of tabletop rentals for your clients when planners aren’t involved. You will walk away with a new strategy on building a rental order that adds in creativity, not just function
- Venue teams: you have multiple events at your property each month and you want to showcase each of your clients’ unique event tablescapes on your social media feeds. You will now have a very simple and easy set of tools necessary to build a more exciting and professional social media feed to attract the attention of new clients
- At home party planners: And, of course, those of you who are entertaining for yourselves will learn to properly set your table and have a fresh resource list to use to wow your guests at their own events