Here is the destination wedding welcome bag we created for our Palm Springs wedding clients! Perfect for a weekend in the SoCal sun. Take a peek as we share the story behind these fun totes for our clients who got married at the Parker in Palm Springs.
Consistent Welcome Bag Design Story
We always stress the importance of telling a consistent story from an event’s beginning to end. This means that every impression a guest has of the event components should fit together somehow. After the save the dates and wedding invitations reach guests, the next touch point is the wedding welcome bag that awaits them as they arrive to their hotels for a weekend of wedding festivities. Needless to say, it’s important that these bags set a good first impression and set the tone for the celebration to come. Here is the wedding day inspiration board:
The wedding color palette had stark contrasts of black and white, along with lots of greenery from the venue and pops of pinks and coral. We wanted to project a lively, fun, festive, Palm Springs-esque vibe and I think these bags hit the mark!
What’s in the Bag
Following our own advice, we chose our elements carefully: treats that would satisfy guest cravings and provide relief, an info card to provide instruction, and items that told the story of where they would be celebrating.
- The Welcome Note – We enlisted our team at Prim & Pixie, who provided the invitation and event day paper suites, to maintain consistency with the branding of the welcome bags. A hint of shimmer was added with gold foil to give it a special pop.
- Boxed Water – keeping guests hydrated throughout the weekend is key and Boxed Water delivered on that AND contributed a modern aesthetic that we were going for.
- Compartes Chocolate – leave it to Compartes not only to carry the best flavors but also to have the most on-point design motifs that fit perfectly into our design stories. We chose their “California Love” salted pretzel dark chocolate bar. Uh, yummmmm.
- Hangover Kits – These cute little stamped muslin bags carry all of the essentials. This Etsy seller pre-stamped and pre-stuffed all of the bags for us and we got to choose our stamp color. Win/win!
- Local Coffee – We discovered this small batch single origin coffee from Joshua Tree Coffee Co. on a pre-wedding visit out to Palm Springs. It was the perfect local addition to the bag and, as if the design gods were rooting for us, the branding fit our design story to a T(ree).
- Turkish Towels – The super VIPs of the group received these beautifully colorful Turkish towels in a variety of colors. These came in handy for the post-wedding pool party. Splish splash, y’all!
- The reusable tote, complete with consistent branding from Prim & Pixie, allowed guests effortless transport of their gear to the pool party and gave them a fun keepsake to take home and reuse from the wedding weekend. The couple and we agreed to intentionally omit their names from the bag in favor of a graphic centered around the place where they celebrated….because after the wedding weekend when everyone goes back to normal life, who wants to walk around town with Kate <3s Bryce on their grocery tote bag?
Photos: Katherine Ann Rose for Max and Friends